Le Ranch des Volcans
France - Auvergne/Aveyron - Châtel-Guyon
Camping Le Ranch des Volcans
This quiet campsite is beautifully located near the large Puy de Dôme extinct volcano. Life is good here. Especially if you like ponies. This small scale “Western’ themed campsite has its own stables. If you love nature and want to get out and about in the beautiful countryside of the Parc Naturel Régional des Volcans , then you’ll feel right at home here!
Why camping Le Ranch des Volcans ?
- You’re right in the middle of a nature area here. The Parc Naturel Régional des Volcans d’Auvergne to be precise!. It’s a huge park with a variety of remarkable landscapes, including more than 80 ancient lava domes and craters. Don’t forget your camera!
- Is it getting hot? Then relax in the shade by your spacious accommodation at camping Le Ranch des Volcans. Order some delicious fresh rolls from the campsite and take it real easy. Just like they would in Texas!
- You can cool off in the water too. The campsite has 3 swimming pools, 1 of them is suitable for toddlers.
- The kids have a blast in the playground, climbing, sliding and jumping on the trampolines. Meanwhile you can relax on the lovely terrace of the restaurant by the playground and enjoy a delicious beer, glass of wine or cappuccino.
- Kids can’t wait to have a ride on one of the ponies from the campsite’s own stable. You can also go tour the area, but then on one of the larger ponies..
- The town of Châtel-Guyon is within walking distance. There’s a supermarket and petrol service just 500 metres away. If you’re not very mobile but want to leave the car at the campsite, then the campsite bus will take you to the centre of Châtel-Guyon and bring you back again.
Tip from the specialist:
"Quiet campsite with great view of the Parc Naturel Régional des Volcans. Want to see the Puy de Dôme? Go horse riding at your campsite? Visit Clermont-Ferrand and Vichy? Then this is the place for you!"
The surrounding area of Le Ranch des Volcans
Camping Le Ranch des Volcans is in a hilly area. In a handy location, not far from the motorway The campsite is easy to reach and you can quickly set off on day trips in the region. You’ll see a lot of gorgeous countryside near you. With green craters, really unique! The famous 1500 metres high Puy de Dôme is also not far away. On holiday with the kids? Then the Vulcania amusement park is also close by.
Some tips for your holiday at Le Ranch des Volcans in Châtel-Guyon
- Visit the capital of the Puy-de-Dôme region: Clermont-Ferrand, with its popular black cathedral. Want to see the large lava domes and Puy de Dôme volcano? Then take the little tourist train from town and it will take you all the way to the top. Have a lovely picnic in the Jardin Lecoq park afterwards.
- Want some fun in the water? Head for Vichy, it’s by the Allier river. First do some shopping in its pretty city centre, then cool off by and in the water. Have a refreshing drink and a bite to eat at the river’s edge, then finish the day with an enjoyable walk along the boardwalk.
- Need some relax time? Get down to the spa resorts in Châtel-Guyon.
- Both kids and adults prepare to be wowed by the cool video shows in Vulcania park in Saint-Ours-les Roches. It’s a theme park all about volcanoes! There are also fun indoor and outdoor playgrounds for the little ones.
- Ask the campsite about the amazing cycling routes in the area and discover the countryside near Camping Le Ranch des Volcans in a more sporty way. There are also biking routes suitable for the whole family.
- Fancy eating out? Then treat yourself to dinner in one of the great restaurants in Guyon or Riom. Your taste buds will be truly spoiled here.
Activities & pools
- 1 outdoor pool (from 07/06/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.))
- 1 children's pool (from 07/06/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.))
- swimming cap not mandatory
- swimming shorts not allowed
- sunbeds in the pool area are free of charge
- parasols in the pool area are free of charge
Sports and playing
- small playground
- archery range
- jeu de boules
- mini golf
- horse riding: on the campsite
- paddle tennis
- table tennis
- animation (from 07/06/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.))
- animation target customer(s): kids and teens
- entertainment languages: French
Eating and drinking
- restaurant (from 07/06/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.))
Check this out too!
- reception: credit cards are accepted: Mastercard and Visa
- wifi: on the whole campsite
- grocery shop (from 07/06/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.))
- laundry possibilities: laundrette and dryer
- barbecue facilities: gas barbecue not allowed, charcoal barbecue not allowed, electric barbecue not allowed
- Surface area of the mobile home: 40 m²
- partly covered porch
- sun and shade
- subsoil: grass
- heating (only in living room)
- check in between 16:00 and 20:00 - check out between 08:00 and 10:00
- 1 pet allowed
- deposit is 475 € (only with credit card)
- tourist tax 0,50 € per person per night for participants up from 18 year to be paid at resort
- pets 4,00 € per animal per night
- baby pack available locally 3,00 € per set per night
- bed linen (single bed) 12,00 € per set per time
- bed linen (double bed) 14,00 € per set per time
- cot available locally 2,00 € per piece per night
- highchair available locally 1,00 € per piece per night
- garden furniture: 10 garden seats and 1 garden table
Cooking and living
- fully equiped kitchen with:
- 4 burner hob (gas)
- 1st bedroom with 1 double bed (1,40 x 1,90 m)
- 2nd bedroom with 1 double bed (1,40 x 1,90 m)
- 3rd bedroom with 2 single beds (0,70 x 1,90 m)
- 4th bedroom with 2 single beds
- sleeper couch for 2 persons (1,40 x 1,90 m) in living room
- duvets are provided and pillows are provided
Bathroom and toilet
- bathroom provided with shower and sink
- separate toilet
- 2nd bathroom provided with shower and sink
Reviews Le Ranch des Volcans
Based on of reviews
Playgrounds for children
General state of campsite
Sanitary facilities at the campsite*