France - Dordogne - Carsac-Aillac
Camping Aqua Viva
With a heated swimming and play pool,a large fishing pond and being situated in the middle of the Dordogne with numerous watersport facilities, ' Aqua Viva' (living water)really lives up to its name.It lies just 6km from Sarlat and offers many summer activities such as water games, hiking and cooking.
Why camping Aqua Viva ?
- Children and teens have their club activities and they can also play table tennis. Petangue and minigol take place on the a quiet spot between the trees. Fancy a swim? The pool has an anti-slip floor and is beautifully and serenely situated. .
- In the evenings, shows, karaoke and bingo are organised.There's a large entertainment stage, so sit back and enjoy!
- There's a kids playground close to the stage, so that you can sit in comfort and oversee your children playing.
- Campsite Aqua Viva has a bar, snack bar and restaurant ( Also take away.) The grocer delivers fresh bread on demand. Want to have a BBQ? Then use the communal grill house by the playground and sit down at the cosy picnic tables. Feel like an ice cream? You can buy one just a few metres away at the terraced snack bar.
- You can fish without a license in the fish pond at Camping Aqua Viva.
- Want to really unwind? Book yourself in for a massage. ( For a fee.)
Tip from the specialist:
"Aqua Viva has a large heated swimming and play pool and is situated in the wetland basin of the Dordogne with numerous attractions and activities nearby."
The surrounding area of Aqua Viva
In less than an hour's drive there's so much to do, such as cycling and hiking tours to castles and beautiful villages like La Roque-Gageac. Push yourself to the limit and do canoe and kayak trips on the rivers Dordogne, Vézère and Isle and swimming in the streams and lakes.
Some tips for your holiday at Aqua Viva in Carsac-Aillac
- The lively medieval town of Sarlat is the capital of the Périgord. Visit the colorful Saturday market with its delicious local specialties like walnut, oil, cheeses, truffles, Bergerac wines, pies and terrines.
- Anglers can cast their rods into the fish-rich waters.Licenses are available at the Tourist Information Centre.
- Recommendations: a visit to the famous rock paintings of Lascaux in Les Eyzies de Tayac and try a discovery by vélo rail (track bike) in Eyzerac.
- Kids and adults who like a challenge head to Monkey's Forest, right next to the campsite. It has no fewer than 13 climbing and clambering courses for all ages.
- Teens who want to tear around on a quad will have the time of their lives in Souillac. Staying at Camping Aqua Viva gets you discount on all quad tours here!
Activities & pools
- 1 outdoor pool (from 01/06/2019 until 14/09/2019 (incl.): measures, depth between 1 and 1,6 m (heated)
- 1 children's pool (from 01/06/2019 until 14/09/2019 (incl.): measures, depth: 0,45 m
- swimming cap not mandatory
- swimming shorts allowed
Extra water fun
- 1 whirlpool
- campsite at 10 km from Lake Grolejac (with a sandy beach)
- campsite at 6 km from the Dordogne (with a pebble beach)
Sports and playing
- small playground
- rental bikes (from 13/04/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.)) on the campsite: city bike, bicycle for children and bicycle seat for children
- e-bike charging point
- golf: 9 holes (at 6 km)
- jeu de boules
- mini golf
- multisports court
- horse riding: in the neighbourhood
- table tennis
- adventure park
- water sports in the neighbourhood: canoeing and kayaking
- animation target customer(s): toddlers, kids, teens and adults
- animation period: from 06/07/2019 until 31/08/2019 (incl.
- entertainment languages: English, French and Spanish
Eating and drinking
- restaurant (from 13/04/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.))
- snack bar
Check this out too!
- reception: credit cards are accepted: Mastercard and Visa
- wifi: on the whole campsite (to be paid)
- grocery shop (from 13/04/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.))
- laundry possibilities: laundrette and dryer
- barbecue facilities: gas barbecue allowed, carbon barbecue not allowed, electric barbecue allowed, central barbecue place available, barbecue equipment available (to be paid)
- surface area of the mobile home: 28 m²
- uncovered terrace
- sun and shade
- subsoil: grass
- heating (only in living room)
- check in between 16:00 and 18:00 - check out between 08:00 and 11:00
- 1 pet allowed
- deposit is 200 € (cash or credit card)
- tourist tax 1,00 € per person per night
- pets 5,00 € per animal per night
- baby pack available locally 35,00 € per set per week
- bed linen (single bed) 10,00 € per set per time
- bed linen (double bed) 12,00 € per set per time
- optional final cleaning 60,00 € per unit
- garden furniture: 1 picnic table with bench
Cooking and living
- fully equiped kitchen with:
- big fridge
- coffee machine
- 4 burner hob (gas)
- 1st bedroom with 1 double bed (1,40 x 1,90 m)
- 2nd bedroom with 2 single beds (0,80 x 1,90 m)
- 3rd bedroom with 2 single beds (0,80 x 1,90 m)
- woollen blankets and pillows are provided
Bathroom and toilet
- bathroom provided with shower, sink and toilet
Reviews Aqua Viva
Based on of reviews
Playgrounds for children
General state of campsite
Sanitary facilities at the campsite*