Italy - Lake Ghirla - Ghirla
A rather small, but very pleasant family campsite with a grassy area beside the lake, where children make friends very quickly. Quiet and small are the keywords of camping Trelago, where coal barbecues are still allowed.
Why camping Trelago ?
- Apart from swimming in the lake there's a pool (70cm deep) where children can play, especially suitable for up to 12 years. The beach with its grassy area is the friendly gathering place for all ages.
- Nearby you'll find romantic restaurants where you can taste real Italian food together with a glass of Chianti wine.
Tip from the specialist:
"Small campsite based at Lake Ghirla, with a little beach for young children. A quiet spot for young families, without the exuberant entertainment of larger campsites."
The surrounding area of Trelago
In the Lake region to the north of Milan there's the small Lake Ghirla, surrounded by its big brothers Lake Como, Lugano, Orta and Maggiore. Among all these larger lakes, Lake Ghirla is a small jewel where children can play with their boats to their hearts content.
Some tips for your holiday at Trelago in Ghirla
- Close by there's the beautiful Gemlus abbey which is over 1000 years old.
- A few kilometres to the north is the Italian/Swiss border, with the village of Ponte Tresa. The Tresa river marks the border and the village has two halves. The Swiss part has many luxury shops and (of course) a lot of banks, whilst the Italian part has nice small boutiques.
- Wonderful towns like Luino, with its lively weekly market, and Varese are only 15 kilometres away. Lugano is 35 kilometres away and certainly worth a visit.
- Milan is recommended for a day trip.
Activities & pools
- 1 outdoor pool (from 31/05/2018 until 30/08/2018 (incl.)): 10 x 15 m, depth: 0,7 m
- swimming cap mandatory
- swimming shorts allowed
Extra water fun
- campsite at 0,05 km from Lake Ghirla (with a sandy beach)
Sports and playing
- several small playgrounds
- rental bikes (from 13/04/2018 until 08/09/2018 (incl.)) on the campsite: city bike, mountainbike, bicycle for children and bicycle seat for children
- jeu de boules
- horse riding: in the neighbourhood (outdoor)
- beach volleyball
- table tennis
- electronic games
- animation target customer(s): toddlers and kids
- animation period: between early july and end of august
- entertainment languages: Italian
Eating and drinking
- restaurant (from 13/04/2018 until 08/09/2018 (incl.))
Check this out too!
- reception: credit cards are accepted: Mastercard and Visa
- wifi: only in the central area
- grocery shop (from 13/04/2018 until 08/09/2018 (incl.))
- laundry possibilities: laundrette and dryer
- barbecue facilities: gas barbecue allowed, carbon barbecue allowed, electric barbecue not allowed, barbecue equipment available (to be paid)
Based on 130.0 of reviews
Playgrounds for children4.4
General state of campsite6.0
Sanitary facilities at the campsite*4.9