Spain - Costa Verde - Noja
Camping Playa Joyel
Campsite Playa Joel borders a wonderful sandy beach just outside the village of Noja in Cantabria. The beach is so wide it's quite a walk before you reach the water. This bay is a true paradise for surfers and snorkelers. The campsite epitomizes the laid back Spanish way of life.
Why camping Playa Joyel ?
- A friendly campsite, nicely landscaped with narrow lanes, lots of greenery, trees and hedges plus plenty of amenities. Plenty to do for the smallest 'ninos' too.
- The beach is huge! Follow the wooden boardwalk and you're there, at Playa de la Ris. A large shell-shaped sandy beach. Rugged rocks rise up from the sea at either end of the bay. Don't foret to take your snorkel gear.
- The pool at the campsite is very nice too. There's a large sun terrace and a separate splash pool for children.
- Playa Joel has its own shopping street which is home to a restaurant, a hairdresser and a 'supermercado' for your daily needs. Mmmm, what smells so good? Spit-roasted chicken!
- The children's favourite? The animal park, a real mini zoo with cows, deer, pigs, peacocks, ostriches and other cuddly animals.
- Mini golf, playground, tennis, outdoor gym, games hall, entertainment and fiestas in the evenings. All manner of activities to enjoy.
Tip from the specialist:
"A family campsite set beside the most beautiful beach in a nature reserve in Cantabria. A green and rugged area with wonderful beaches. Noja village is a short walk away. Santander and Bilbao are easily accessible."
The surrounding area of Playa Joyel
Cantabria is a green region in the north east of Spain. Playa Joel is in the tidal area of the Ecopark of Trasmiera. This nature reserve is a 5-star resort for waterfowl so nature lovers will be at home here.The pleasant village of Noja is a short walk away.
Some tips for your holiday at Playa Joyel in Noja
- At low tide the beach near the campsite is huge. You can even walk to the Isla de San Pedruco, a small island with an ancient chapel.
- Put on your hiking boots and explore the coastal path. Walk all the way to Trengandin beach, passing romantic coves, eucalyptus forests and the rugged cliff of Punta de la Mesa en route.
- Keep on walking and you'll reach Molino Santa Olaja, an old tidal mill set in the Trasmiera countryside.
- Looking for a spot of culture? Santander is a beautiful city (a 30-minute drive). Bilbao's famous Guggenheim Museum is also easily accessible.
- A long drive, but well worth it: a day trip to the eternal snows of the Picos de Europa national park.
- Noja golf course is just 1km from the campsite. Campsites guests receive discounted green fees.
Activities & pools
- 2 outdoor pools
- 1st swimming pool (from 09/06/2018 until 25/08/2018 (incl.)): 20 x 10 m, depth: 1,3 m
- 2nd swimming pool (from 09/06/2018 until 25/08/2018 (incl.)): 15 x 7 m, depth: 1,3 m
- 1 children's pool (from 09/06/2018 until 25/08/2018 (incl.)): measures, depth: 0,6 m
- swimming cap not mandatory
- swimming shorts allowed
- sunbeds in the pool area are free of charge
Extra water fun
- 1 whirlpool
- campsite directly next to the Atlantic Ocean (with a sandy beach)
Spa and wellness
Sports and playing
- big playground
- billiards (to be paid)
- fitness equipment (outdoor, free of charge)
- jeu de boules
- mini golf
- multisports court
- horse riding: in the neighbourhood
- paddle tennis
- table tennis
- tennis: on the campsite (1 outdoor courts)
- electronic games
- animation target customer(s): kids
- animation period: from 30/06/2018 until 30/08/2018 (incl.)
- entertainment languages: English and Spanish
Eating and drinking
- restaurant (from 07/04/2018 until 15/09/2018 (incl.))
Check this out too!
- reception: credit cards are accepted: Mastercard and Visa
- wifi: on the whole campsite (to be paid)
- children's zoo
- supermarket (from 07/04/2018 until 15/09/2018 (incl.))
- tourist shop
- laundry possibilities: laundrette and dryer
- barbecue facilities: gas barbecue not allowed, carbon barbecue allowed, electric barbecue not allowed, central barbecue place available
- cash point
- surface area of the mobile home: 21 m², excluding the terrace
- integrated covered porch
- sun and shade
- subsoil: grass
- check in between 16:00 and 20:00 - check out between 08:00 and 10:00
- pets not allowed
- deposit mobile home is 200 € (only cash)
- tourist tax 1,00 € per person per night for participants up from 18 year
- garden furniture: 1 picnic table with bank
Cooking and living
- fully equiped kitchen with:
- hob (4 gasrings)
- 1st bedroom with 1 double bed (1,40 x 1,90 m)
- 2nd bedroom with 2 single beds (0,80 x 1,90 m) and high child's bed (0,70 x 1,80 m)
- woolen blankets and pillows are provided
Bathroom and toilet
- bathroom provided with shower and sink
- separate toilet
Reviews Playa Joyel
Based on 19.0 of reviews
Playgrounds for children7.2
General state of campsite5.3
Sanitary facilities at the campsite*8.3