The Netherlands - Gelderland - Doesburg
A little to the northeast of Doesburg lies the campsite Ijsselstrand, set beside a (small) riverside beach. The campsite covers both sides of the river-dyke, with the Vacansoleil mobile homes being located in the part behind the dyke, which is also where you will find the swimming pool.
Why camping Ijsselstrand ?
- The lovely indoor swimming pool with waterslide, jacuzzi and separate children's pool with play aparatus. During warm weather the side walls are removed.
- There are both indoor and outdoor playgrounds.
- For sporting activities you can choose from the riding school, tennis court, fishing pond, yacht club or join in with teh enthusiastic entertainment team.
- There are two restuarants to choose from; the ark in the middle of the marina and the friendly farmhouse.
Tip from the specialist:
"Child-friendly campsite in a beautiful setting beside the Ijssel, close to the old mustard town of Doesburg. Own marina, riding school, big playgrounds and a covered pool."
The surrounding area of Ijsselstrand
Doesburg is one of the seven old 'Hanzesteden' along the river Ijssel. The trading done during the 14th century brought much wealth to the town, and that can be seen in the historic streets with their beautiful merchants' houses. Doesburg is also known for its mustard production.
Some tips for your holiday at Ijsselstrand in Doesburg
- The mustard museum is housed in one of the old mustard factories, where you can still see the manufacturing process.
- The location of Doesburg, on the river Ijssel between Arnhem and Zutphen, offers many possibilities for water-based activities. A bike ride alongside the dyke is a lovely way to see the area, especially on the traffic-calmed roads.
- Make time to visit the wonderful nature reserve of de Veluwe. Situated across the river, it has many cycle and hiking trails to offer.
- Children will love a day of animal watching at Burgers Zoo.
Activities & pools
- 1 coverable swimming pool (from 24/03/2018 until 28/10/2018 (incl.)) with playset 20 x 10 m (heated)
- 1 coverable children's pool (from 24/03/2018 until 28/10/2018 (incl.)) 18 sqm (heated)
- swimming cap not mandatory
- swimming shorts allowed
Extra water fun
- 1 waterslide
- 1 whirlpool
- campsite directly next to IJssel
Spa and wellness
Sports and playing
- big playground
- indoor playground
- rental bikes (from 23/03/2018 until 28/10/2018 (incl.)) on the campsite: city bike, mountainbike, e-bike, bicycle for children and bicycle seat for children
- bowling (to be paid)
- pony riding: on the campsite (outdoor): guided tours
- table tennis
- tennis: on the campsite (1 outdoor courts)
- water sports: canoeing and pedalo
- animation target customer(s): toddlers and kids
- animation period: between 30 march and 2 april
- entertainment languages: Dutch, English and German
Eating and drinking
- 2 restaurants: 1st restaurant (from 23/03/2018 until 28/10/2018 (incl.)), 2nd restaurant (from 23/03/2018 until 28/10/2018 (incl.))
- snack bar
Check this out too!
- reception: credit cards are accepted: Mastercard and Visa
- wifi: on the whole campsite (to be paid)
- quay/buoy for boats
- laundry possibilities: laundrette and dryer
- barbecue facilities: gas barbecue allowed, carbon barbecue allowed, electric barbecue allowed
- surface area of the mobile home: 32 m² excluding the terrace
- uncovered terrace
- sun and shade
- subsoil: grass
- check in between 15:00 and 18:00 - check out between 09:00 and 10:00
- 2 pets allowed
- deposit mobile home is not applicable
- bed linen (per person) 7,95 € per person per time
- tourist tax 2,35 € per person per night
- pets 4,50 € per animal per night
- towels 3,95 € per set per time
- kitchen linen 2,95 € per set per time
- garden furniture: 6 garden seats and 1 garden table
Cooking and living
- fully equiped kitchen with:
- small fridge
- 1st bedroom with 1 double bed (2,00 m)
- 2nd bedroom with 2 single beds (0,80 x 2,00 m)
- 3rd bedroom with 2 single beds (0,80 x 2,00 m)
- duvets and pillows
Bathroom and toilet
- bathroom provided with shower and sink
- separate toilet
Based on 44.0 of reviews
Playgrounds for children6.9
General state of campsite6.4
Sanitary facilities at the campsite*7.9