Denmark - Jylland - Ry
Camping Birkhede is a quiet and welcoming family campsite located by a forest on a hill with direct access to Lake Knudsø. With its tranquil surroundings and child friendly facilities it’s perfect for a fun-filled family camping holiday by a lake.
Why camping Birkhede ?
- You’re right by lovely lake Knudsø.Swim, sail, canoe, row or just take it easy by the lush green banks next to the water. It’s a real watersports lovers paradise here.
- Feel like catching your dinner? Bring a fishing rod and take a tasty trout back to the campsite for on the BBQ.
- There’s so much for the kids to do here. With the lake, a swimming pool with waterslide, playgrounds, a playroom, go kart track and lots of great activities to keep them entertained.
- Teens hang cool at the youth room playing air hockey, table tennis, table football or Play station games.
- Feeling sporty? Head down to the multi sports ground for a game of football, basketball or volleyball. Alternatively, rent a bike and explore the beautiful countryside that surrounds the campsite.
- Get fresh bread for breakfast from the campsite shop in the morning and finish the day with a fish and chips supper in the evening.
- Bringing your dog? There’s a special fenced off area where you can let them loose.
Tip from the specialist:
"Friendly campsite set in stunning nature right by a pretty lake. With a great play area and plenty of facilities it’s ideal for families with young children."
The surrounding area of Birkhede
The lake district is the highest part of Jylland and ideal for an adventurous, fun-filled family holiday. There's lots of nature to enjoy nearby and plenty of fascinating towns such as Aarhus, Silkeborg and Gjern.
Some tips for your holiday at Birkhede in Ry
- Visit Silkeborg and take a trip on the oldest paddle steamboat in the world, the Hjejlen. Stop off at one of the highest natural points in Denmark, Himmelbjerget mountain, for a stunning view of the area.
- Car enthusiasts go to the automobile museum in the nearby town of Gjern to see over a 100 years of fascinating history. Enjoy the marvelous collection which includes a Maybach, Porsche, Maserati, Hotchkiss and extremely rare Vivinus.
- Don’t feel like venturing too far? Then visit the romantic little town of Ry. The weekly market is a lot of fun.
- Fancy a day out shopping? Then head for the vibrant city of Aarhus. Stroll through its lively Latin quarter to find some fantastic deals.
- Hop in the car and thrill the kids with a visit to Denmark’s premier theme park Legoland. Fun for all the family is just 45 minutes away!
- For lots of family fun go to the Tivoli Friheden theme park in Aarhus Denmark. It’s full of amazing activities for all the family and guaranteed to bring a smile to everyone’s face.
Activities & pools
- 1 outdoor pool (from 31/05/2018 until 20/08/2018 (incl.)): 9 x 25 m, depth between 0,9 and 1,6 m
- 1 children's pool (from 31/05/2018 until 20/08/2018 (incl.)): 4 x 6 m, depth between 0,3 and 0,45 m
- swimming cap not mandatory
- swimming shorts allowed
Extra water fun
- 1 waterslide
- campsite at 30 km from the North Sea (with a sandy beach)
- campsite at 0,1 km from Lake Knudso (with a grass beach)
- campsite at 1 km from the River
Sports and playing
- big playground
- indoor playground
- rental bikes (from 23/03/2018 until 22/09/2018 (incl.)) on the campsite: city bike, bicycle for children and bicycle seat for children
- jeu de boules
- multisports court
- beach volleyball
- table tennis
- water sports: canoeing
- electronic games
- inflatable jumping aparatus
- animation target customer(s): toddlers and kids
- animation period: from 30/06/2018 until 30/08/2018 (incl.)
- entertainment languages: English and Danish
Eating and drinking
- snack bar
Check this out too!
- reception: credit cards are accepted: Mastercard and Visa
- wifi: on the whole campsite (to be paid)
- quay/buoy for boats
- grocery shop (from 23/03/2018 until 22/09/2018 (incl.))
- laundry possibilities: laundrette and dryer
- barbecue facilities: gas barbecue allowed, carbon barbecue allowed, electric barbecue allowed, central barbecue place available
- safe deposit
Bungalow tent Navajo
- lighting and extra sockets
- sun and shade
- subsoil: grass
- check in between 14:00 and 20:00 - check out between 08:00 and 11:00
- pets not allowed
- deposit tent is not applicable
Bungalow tent Navajo
Based on 19.0 of reviews
Playgrounds for children8.0
General state of campsite5.2
Sanitary facilities at the campsite*7.5