Knaus Campingpark Walkenried
Germany - Lower Saxony - Walkenried
Camping Knaus Campingpark Walkenried
Knaus Campingpark Walkenried is situated on the edge of the Harz region, in the heart of Germany. It seems like the forests, lakes and hills here are just a little bit prettier than the rest of the country. Enjoy a holiday away from it all.
Why camping Knaus Campingpark Walkenried ?
- It's so green aound here! Giant deciduous trees, tough pines, shrubs and grass like carpets. No wonder this campsite is so popular with nature lovers. Make sure to take your walking shoes.
- After a long hike enjoy a well-earned splash in the swimming pool. Perhaps a relaxing session in the sauna too.
- Beach volleyball, mini golf, a playground, a large fishing pond - it's all there. Naturally there's a restaurant too that serves delicious Speisekarte. German gastronomy at its best.
- The lovely clean air is a real treat. As much as you want for free during your stay. Campsite Walkenried is officially a 'Luftkurort'.
- Tip: Discover the region by bike. You can hire them at the campsite. There are e-bikes too and the campsite even organises Segway tours.
Tip from the specialist:
The surrounding area of Knaus Campingpark Walkenried
A completely different world awaits you in the Harz region of Germany. The countryside is a patchwork of numerous shades of green. And there are over 200km of hiking routes.
Some tips for your holiday at Knaus Campingpark Walkenried in Walkenried
- The remains of the Cistercian Walkenried monastery are very close by. Discover the UNESCO world heritage site and lear about the life of the medieval monks in the museum there.
- Take the kids to Bad Sachsa, they'll have a great time. Large swimming pool, indoor playground, pedal boats - there's so much to do. The summer toboggan in St. Andreasberg is fun too.
- The Lowenzahn-Entdeckerpfad is a combined nature and educational trip for both young and old. A walking route full of surprises and fun challenges. Can you beat a hare in a jumping contest?
- This region teems with historic towns. Goslar, Wernigerode, Quedlinburg, Duderstadt, Stolberg. They are all photgenic must sees.
Activities & pools
- 1 indoor swimming pool (from 07/01/2018 until 04/11/2018 (incl.)) 16,6 x 8 m (heated)
- swimming cap not mandatory
- swimming shorts allowed
Spa and wellness
- wellness & beauty centre (sauna, sunbeds, massages)
Sports and playing
- big playground
- rental bikes on the campsite: city bike, mountainbike, e-bike and bicycle seat for children (from 19/05/2018 until 15/09/2018 (incl.))
- golf: 18 holes (at 25 km)
- mini golf
- horse riding: in the neighbourhood
- beach volleyball
- table tennis
- tennis: in the neighbourhood
- animation target customer(s): toddlers and kids
- animation period: from 07/07/2018 until 25/08/2018 (incl.)
- entertainment languages: Dutch, English and German
Eating and drinking
- restaurant (from 19/05/2018 until 15/09/2018 (incl.))
Check this out too!
- reception: credit cards are accepted: Mastercard and Visa
- wifi: only in the central area (to be paid)
- laundry possibilities: laundrette and dryer
- barbecue facilities: gas barbecue allowed, carbon barbecue allowed, electric barbecue allowed, central barbecue place available
Bungalow tent Navajo
- sun and shade
- subsoil: grass
- check in between 16:00 and 20:00 - check out between 08:00 and 10:00
- pets not allowed
- deposit tent is € 100,00
Bungalow tent Navajo
Reviews Knaus Campingpark Walkenried
Based on 21.0 of reviews
Playgrounds for children5.4
General state of campsite6.5
Sanitary facilities at the campsite*9.2