- You are here
- All campsites
Camping in Italy
Camping holiday in Italy
When looking for a perfect destination for a fabulous family camping holiday, Italy seems to have it all. Spectacular nature, from the rolling green landscapes of Tuscany and the stunning setting of the Italian lakes, to a sun seekers paradise filled with the endless broad beaches of Liguria and the Adriatic coast. Culture and history lovers are in dreamland here with Italy being home to some of Europe’s greatest cities, such as Rome, Florence, Venice, Verona and Milan , filled with many of the world's greatest works of art and architecture. Foodies will delight in the best homemade ice cream in the world, the freshest of pizzas and fabulous Italian wine from the north to the south. Take a ride in a gondola in Venice, play at gladiators in the Colosseum and lean on the tower op Pizza. Wherever you stay at a campsite in Italy, a memorable holiday is guaranteed!
Choose from 86 campsites in Italy with Vacansoleil.
Montescudaio - Tuscany - Italy
You'll find camping Montescudaio in a wooded area. A great campsite for both young and old with lots of facilities and a fantastic entertainment program.
Pisa - Tuscany - Italy
Within walking distance of the Tower of Pisa, this pleasant campsite with pool is perfect for a city break.
San Vincenzo - Tuscany - Italy
One of Vacansoleil's most popular campsites. Excellent facilities and plenty to do for children of all ages, day and night. The beach is 800 metres away.
Siena - Tuscany - Italy
From a hilside close to the historical centre you have a stunning view over one of the most beautiful Tuscan cities. Twice a year you can visit the famous horse race held in Siena; the Palio.
San Gimignano - Tuscany - Italy
From the campsite you can take scenic walks through the vineyards in the surrounding area. Cycling is also possible, although the Tuscan landscape is very hilly.
Discover Italy’s top camping regions.
Our hand-picked campsites stretch from the great lakes in the north to Calabria in the south and many other regions in between. Our parcs are perfectly located for you to enjoy the best of what Italy has to offer. Discover our top three most visited regions.
1. Lake Garda – where stunning scenery meets top-class camping
Situated between Milan and Venice, Lake Garda is Italy’s largest great lake. With 150 kilometres of shoreline, stunning mountain backdrops and dozens of historic towns and villages to visit, no wonder Lake Garda is our top Italian destination. You have everything on your doorstep, water sports, nature trails, historic towns, stunning scenery and even theme parks to thrill the kids. Our top-class campsites are ideally located for to experience wonderful Lake Garda.
• Family fun day out at theme park – Gardaland or waterpark CanevaWorld.
• Take a boat trip from Gardone Riviera and visit botanical gardens, local markets and stunning villas.
• Take the train to Venice for a memorable day out.
• Discover Italy’s largest chimp colony - Parco Natura Viva, in Bussolengo.
• For the best view of the lake – go paragliding from Mount Baldo.
Lake garda is easily accessible with flights into Verona (25km), Bergamo (95km) and Milan (130km)
Choose from our wide selection of our campsites on Lake Garda.
2. Tuscany – The home of fine art culture and cuisine
This captivating region is full of natural treasures and Renaissance wonders. Head to beautiful Siena, Florence, or Pisa with its Leaning Tower. You’ll be amazed by the beautiful sights and architectural delights on offer. Take to the open roads and explore romantic hilltop villages or the Chianti vineyards this region is famous for.
For beach loves you’ll find wonderful sun-drenched beaches on the Etruscan coast with pine scented hills all around. There’s over 30km of bays and rocky inlets stretching from Cecina in the north to picturesque Gulf of Baratti further south. The gorgeous Island of Elba, with azure blue seas and sandy beaches it a must-see!
• Discover the works of Botticelli, Leonardo and Michelangelo at the Uffizi gallery, Florence.
• Family fun day out at Tuscany’s largest theme park – Cavallino.
• Go Scuba diving! Discover what’s hiding in the deep. There are loads of diving centres between Livorno and Argentario.
• Visit Monte Capanne. For stunning views from the highest peak on Elba, take the 15-minute cable car ride to the top, 1000 metres above sea level where stunning coastal views await.
Tuscany is well serviced with flights into Pisa, Florence and Bologna.
Choose from our wonderful selection of campsites in Tuscany.
3. Adriatic Coast - Make holiday memories on this majestic coast
Spend your Adriatic holidays soaking up the sun on one of the regions many beautiful beaches or spends days exploring the many wonders this historic coastline has to offer. Exquisite architecture, medieval towns and cities, the hustle and bustle of friendly seaside resorts, the Adriatic coast is a holiday paradise awaiting your discovery. All this and more on the doorstep of your stunning Adriatic campsite.
• Make a splash at Aqualandia, Jesolo, Italy’s biggest water park.
• Be a Pirate for a day on a Jolly Roger Pirate Cruises, Venice.
• A day trip to Venice, visit St Mark’s Campanile, Basilica of St Mark, Bridge of Sighs or St Mark’s Square.
• Discover the 18 peaks of the Dolomites. Escape the busy coastline and enjoy the crystal-clear waterfalls, majestic cliffs and Lake Misurina.
The Adriatic coast is easy to get to with many flights into Venice.
Choose from our wide selection of campsites on the Adriatic Coast.
Top 3 campsites in Italy
At Vacansoleil we are delighted to feature many great campsites in Italy. These 3 are amongst our guests’ favourites.
1. Camping Norcenni Girasole Village - A jewel of a campsite in the Tuscan hills.
Camping Norcenni Girasole Village is one of our most popular Italian campsites. This resort-style campsite is set in the rolling hills of Tuscany, close to the famous cities of Florence and Siena. The campsite is a gem with three pool complexes, great sports facilities, several restaurants, shopping streets, cinema and a disco. A large and active campsite, ideal for families with kids of all ages. The park runs excursions to Florence and Siena. You can also book walking and cycling tours through the vineyard and stunning countryside.
The site is 57 km from Florence airport and 115 km Pisa airport.
For a family holiday in the heart of Tuscany- look no further than Camping Norcenni Girasole Village
2. Camping Park Albatros - Enjoy camping on the stunning Tuscan coast.
Park Albatros is a large and lively campsite near the fishing town of San Vincenzo and 20km north of the harbour city of Piombino. It’s one of the region’s top campsites. The site has three lagoon pools, a family pool, a kiddie’s pool and even Olympic sized one! For beach lovers you have a huge sandy beach nearby. The Kids’ clubs and nightly entertainment are top class too. Wellness centre for the adults and sports facilities for the kids. Great food options too with a buffet-style restaurant, snack bar, traditional Italian pizzeria, creperie and for ice cream lovers, a great gelateria.
For a fun family day out visit the Cavallino Matto amusement park or go hiking at Rimigliano Park.
The site is 90 km from Pisa airport and 146 km from Florence airport.
For a lively family holiday on the Tuscan coast Camping Park Albatros ticks all the boxes.
3. Camping Altomincio Family Park - The joys of Lake Garda on your doorstep.
Camping Altomincio Family Park is a large top-class campsite just 7km from one of Italy’s top holiday destinations, Lake Garda. This gem of a campsite has everything you’ll need for an ideal family holiday. The wonderful lagoon-style pool features 2 large slides that the kids will just love. You’ve got a toddler’s pool and for the adults an Olympic sized pool to enjoy. Excellent sports facilities, shops, restaurant, take-away, pizzeria and much more make this the perfect Lake garda family campsite.
Great family days out can be had at nearby Gardaland theme park or Movieland Studios CanevaWorld.
The site is 25 km from Verona airport and 87 km from Bergamo airport.
For a perfect Lake Garda family holiday Stay at Camping Altomincio Family Park
Italian camping by the sea – the perfect holiday combination.
A day at the beach…a day at the pool… a day exploring the nearby coast, with an Italian campsite by the sea you can do it all. We have campsites stretching from the Adriatic and Tuscan coasts to Calabria, Sardinia and Sicily down south. Enjoy the freedom and outdoor nature of a campsite along with the joys of an Italian seaside holiday. Italy has some amazing beaches, beautiful coastal resorts and great weather so why not combine them all with an Italian camping holiday by the sea.
For some Italian seaside inspiration look no further than our campsites by the sea range.
Campsites near a lake – Enjoy stunning nature and top-class camping.
Camping near a lake is a wonderful experience, even more so when it’s in Italy. Not only do you get to enjoy great camping but also the unique experience holidaying by a lake offers. With Vacansoleil your spoiled for choice with parks on Lake Garda, Lake Maggiore and Lake Iseo. Lake Garda is Italy’s top large lake and is a mecca for holiday makers. The smaller Lake Maggiore and Lake Iseo are ideal for those seeking a more laidback holiday experience.
Enjoy a stay at one of our top campsites near a lake.
Discover Italy with the perfect Mobile home
At Vacansoleil we have some of the largest selection of mobile homes in Italy. We feature one, two-and three-bedroom mobile homes. Our 2-bedroom Fiji and Bali models are perfect for smaller families and groups or chose from our larger 2-bedroom Tahiti range. We also feature a cosy one-bedroom, 2 persons Hawaï mobile, ideal for couples. If it’s a 3-bedroom mobile home you desire, then we have you covered with our Waikiki and Tahiti XL range.
We also feature a wide selection of Tent accommodation in Italy as well as pitch facilities for your own campervan or tent.
Glamping holidays in Italy – where luxury and Italian campsite life combine
For those of you who love the campsite life but also enjoy a bit of extra luxury we have you covered with our glamorous-camping range. This luxury range includes both mobile homes and Safari Tent accommodation. Some extra features include dishwasher’s, larger verandas, flat screen tv’s and some cases your own on-deck hot tub. Some of our Safari Tent’s even feature rain-like showers. Bed linen, towels and final cleaning are usually included.
Treat yourself to one of our luxurious Italian Glamping mobile homes or Safari Tent accommodation now.
Enjoy an Italian holiday experience at one of our 4- and 5-star campsites
At Vacansoleil we have campsites to suit everyone, whether you want a small peaceful 3-star campsite or a larger more active 4 or 5 star. We are delighted to feature several 5-star parks in Italy such as Bella Italia, San Franceso and Europa Silvella. Many of our 4-star campsites are just as popular with features and facilities to match, we’ve countless top-class 4-star campsites throughout Italy.
Discover the magic of Italy with a perfect camping holiday
One of the best things about a holiday is exploring and discovering your destination, our hand-picked Italian campsites are perfectly located for you to do just that. Discover Italy and enjoy the outdoor life camping offers. Beautiful cities, fascinating culture, breathtakingly coastlines, unique islands, fascinating nature and world-famous cuisine - Italy awaits you!
Here is just a taste of what's on offer:
• Discover Rome – Visit the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain or Pantheon. Our campsites in Rome are ideally located for day trips to Rome.
• Adventure Fun – Try windsurfing on Lake Garda, swimming in the Adriatic or trekking in Tuscany. Sardinia’s northern Costa Smeralda is the home of all manner of water sports activities and is fantastic for diving, our Laguna Blu campsite even has its own diving school.
• Beach life – Italy is famous for its beaches and resorts with our many campsites by the sea you’ll be sport for choice. Camping Pra' delle Torri, Baia Domizia, and Isamar are just a selection of our beachside campsites, our Vigna sul Mar campsite has its own private beach!
• Delicious Cuisine – Italian cuisine is world famous and for good reason. You’ll be in food and drink heaven with original Naples pizzas, Bolognese sauces, fresh Sardinian seafood and authentic Cappuccinos. And don’t forget Tuscany’s delicious Chianti!